WV Notification of Intent (NOI)

Print or hand write a Notification of Intent (NOI). Mail it certified, return receipt, to your local Board of Education, addressed to the county superintendent of education. In rare circumstances, you might choose to hand deliver it and asking for a copy stamped “Received” with a date–this is not recommended. Make sure it includes:

Date County Name and age of school-aged children being homeschooled

“The child(ren) listed above will receive instruction in reading, language, mathematics, science and social studies. Further, the child(ren) will be annually assessed in accordance with WV Code 18-8-1(c)(2).”

I shall notify the county superintendent upon termination of home instruction for a child who is of compulsory attendance age or upon moving to a new county. Evidence of a high school diploma or equivalent, or a post-secondary degree or certificate, for the person(s) providing the instruction is either attached or on file in your office.”

NOTE: Upon establishing residence in a new county, the person providing home instruction shall notify the previous county superintendent and submit a new notice of intent to the superintendent of the new county of residence.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s